Have you been thinking that sex toys might be a great way to spice things up in the bedroom and wondering what was available?
If so, you should know that sex toys are hugely popular! In fact, the sales of sex toys worldwide is a multi-billion dollar a year industry and growing by leaps and bounds.
Why are Sex Toys Popular?
The reason why so many people enjoy sex toys can be summed up in two little words: They’re fun! Sex toys are designed to enhance and give pleasure to both men and women alike. Using sex toys can broaden your horizons in the bedroom and breathe new life into a drab, predictable sex life.
Millions of people use sex toys and although most companies do ship in a discreet, plain brown wrapper so to speak, using these toys is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, there are a lot of companies who sell sex toys these days that offer hosts or hostesses incentives to give parties and take orders for sex toys. You might be surprised what your friends, relatives, coworkers and neighbours will buy to rev up their love life!
What Types of Sex Toys are Available?
There are a number of types of sex toys available on the market today. Basically, we can break them down into the following categories:
- Vibrators –Self explanatory, sort of, as most folks know what vibrators do. But for the uninformed, vibrators vibrate and in the process, stimulate the female genitalia—usually the clitoris. Vibrators are not to be confused with dildos and are generally not intended to be inserted into a body orifice of any type, including the vagina. Vibrators are widely considered to be the most popular of all sex toys.
- Dildos – Dildos are more or less fake penises. Unlike vibrators, dildos are intended to be inserted into a body orifice such as the vagina or anus. Basic dildos have come a long way, baby! You can get them with bumps, ridges, a double-ended model for two people at a time, vibrating dildos, versions that have veins like a real penis and more.
- Enhancing Creams – Technically not a conventional toy, enhancing creams used for erotic pleasure are considered sex toys and are hugely popular with both sexes. These sex aids come in either creams or gels. They might be flavoured, provide a temporary titillating tingling sensation and are designed to be applied directly to the genitalia; either male, female or both.
- Sex Toys for Men – There are a variety of sex toys that are just for men. These include fake vaginas, oral simulators, penis pumps and rings that go around the penis to provide constriction and help maintain an erection.
- Anal Toys – There are a slew of anal sex toys available today. Perhaps the most popular is one designed to be inserted into the anus called a “butt plug.” These are soft, flexible and available in a wide range of sizes. There are also anal beads, another favoured sex toy.
Whichever type of sex toy you choose, you can be sure of enhancing the pleasure of sex for both you and your partner, or just yourself alone if you so prefer!